The people on the north coast have a commitment and love for the beauty that surrounds us and we want to ensure opportunities allow for individuals and families to flourish here. The team at Community Futures Pacific Northwest is extremely pleased to be working with communities to create the capacity needed to take advantage of the bright economic picture for the residents of all the communities we serve. We know that our communities and residents need jobs to be created not only through small and medium business start-ups and expansion but also through infrastructure development and supports to industry. The team has expertise to lend to support for proposals, financing or partnership development.
Community Futures Pacific Northwest will continue to support our communities and people by working with our stakeholders, communities, residents and partners to identify projects of importance to our collective future. We will continue to facilitate opportunities to work together to create economic growth, environmental awareness and social prosperity for all of us.
Some examples of ways we are doing this include:
- Network administrators for the Community Access Program in our region which allows public access to computers and the internet at 27 sites in 24 communities in the northwest part of the province.
- Community Partner for the Junior Achievement Economics for Success Program with School District #52.
- Partner organization on the Cruise Ship Task Force
Facilitation of community projects such as:
- Communities in Bloom
- Prince Rupert Street Performers Initiative
- Ambassador Program
- CED World Café Stakeholder Sessions
- Retail Engagement Strategies
- Rupert Chix Girls Community Kitchen
- Kaien Island Youth Council
- Strategic Planning Sessions as requested